Friday, September 14, 2012

Twitterers To Follow

I am currently taking a Social Networking Strategies Class and one of our assignments required us to create a twitter account.  You can find me here @tcbiodieselcoop.  The assignment also required us to send a tweet and follow sustainability related mini-bloggers.  I chose @thompulliam@green_updates, and @GreenEnergyNews.

 I picked Thom Pulliam because he is a brand strategist.  I have always been somewhat interested in the purchasing habits of consumers.  Thom seems to have a pretty good lead on what consumers want and helps companies to leverage their brand.  Green Updates is out of Dallas, Texas and has a blog titled Science, Space, & Robots.  I enjoy science and they also give updates on green products and industry trends.  Green Energy News was suggested in the lesson description.  They are located in California and have a website with up to date information on renewable energy.  A few of their popular categories are solar, wind, energy funds, biomass, and hydro power.  I enjoy their website because biomass and alternative energy are my main research interests.

All of this social media is new to me and a bit overwhelming.  However, I am going to keep an open mind and try to learn all that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment