Monday, September 10, 2012

The Value of a Linkedin Profile

Although I do not currently have a LinkedIn profile, many have spoken of the effectiveness of creating a profile.  I realize that LinkedIn is a valuable resource for both job seekers as well as those that wish to network with other professionals in their career field.  However, I do not see myself creating a profile in the near future.  The primary reason is the time that is required to maintain a profile and respond to others in a timely manner.  Also I do not foresee leaving the career that I am currently in.  I would rather correspond with others face to face, via telephone, or email.  If I was to use a professional networking site I would probably use Young Entrepreneur.  It is forum based and allows you to share information with others.  Docstoc is another useful site that allows you to upload and share important business forms and documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment